The emerging technology in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), is not just impressive it allows us to provide an affordable and fresh approach to mapping and imagery for our clients.
First Alert Locating Ltd. is proud to announce that it has obtained our Special Flight Operations Certification (SFOC) from Transport Canada. We work closely with our supplier to make sure we provide our clients with the most up to date and economical solutions while adhering to Transport Canada’s regulations and safety protocol. We have access to a wide variety of equipment depending on the project you are undertaking and whether it is video or photographs you require.
There are countless applications for UAV in our industry but some of the more common ones, just to name a few, that we see are:
- Agriculture- crop monitoring, water absorption of soil, management of weeds and pests, etc.
- Communication- communication and broadband services, tower inspections, training videos, satellite augmentation systems, etc.
- Emergency- fire detection and monitoring, search and rescue, etc.
- Environmental- assessing and monitoring pollution, air quality management, reclamation efforts, wildlife monitoring and behavioral research, forest and prairie monitoring, erosion monitoring , digital mapping and planning, land management, etc.
- Industrial- pipeline management and detection (leaks, surveys, security), spill tracking, power transmission line monitoring, monitoring buildings and bridges for defects and damage, flare stack inspection, pre-construction images for engineering.
- Mapping and Surveying- 3D and overhead views, video, etc.
- Marketing- real estate, golf resorts, advertising, media, sporting events, etc.
- Water Management- detecting and continually monitoring river/water levels, etc.
While this is only a few of the UAV applications, it gives spark to the imagination of how useful these units can be, as long as regulations are followed, the benefits of using them to reduce costs, safety risks, and increased documentation are insurmountable. Give us your idea and we will work with you to get it done!
Download our brochure at: Highlighting New Services- UAV May 2017
If you have a project or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us directly for more information.