First Alert Locating is currently seeking applications for the following positions:
- Locate Technicians for our Grande Prairie and Whitecourt locations
- Assistant Line Locate Technician for our Grande Prairie locations
- Utility Locate Technicians for our Grande Prairie, Peace River, Valleyview, Manning, Spirit River, Beaverlodge, and Fox Creek
- Administration Assistant for our Grande Prairie location
Even if there is not a posting for employment we are always accepting resumes at any of our office locations because you never know when we might need someone!
First Alert is committed to the success of our employees and promotes a health work life balance. We work hard to achieve results and have fun doing it!
- Line Locate Technician and Assistants:
- Do you love the outdoors, hiking and travelling the countryside? We offer competitive wages, great benefits, training and room for advancement! We value safety, quality and professionalism everyday, and offer opportunities for growth and incentives to all employees who meet or exceed our high workmanship standards.
- Minimum requirements for all positions include tickets in Standard First Aid, H2S Alive, CSO, ATV/UTV rider, a valid and clean driver’s license and proper work boots. PCST and Ground disturbance courses are an asset. We take care of the rest. Our work is physically demanding, so all employees must be physically fit, and have the ability to pass drug and alcohol pre-screening. Wage does depend on your experience but this is an entry level position so its not necessary.
- These are both Oilfield based positions so out of town work, early mornings and patch hours are to be expected
- Administration Assistant
- Position will be 40 hours per week and will require transportation to our main office.
- Duties to include:
- Contribute to the efficient day to day operations and support the work and management of locate technicians.
- Handle day to day incoming phone calls and assist with information and educational requests. Provide customer assistance and resolve any issues with care and concern.
- Relay communication between contractors and locate technicians to ensure the highest level of productivity.
- Assisting One Call Coordinator and locate technicians with requests for support for mapping, communications, special projects and other items as required. General understanding of mapping and finding locations.
- Quality Assurance of final paperwork includes reviewing drawings, notes and billing structure. Accuracy in Data Entry. Strong attention to detail to produce high quality output in fast paced environment. Maintaining and updating documents and databases
- General reception duties. Will cross-train and multitask to provide backup for other staff where required
- Utility Locate Technicians
- Completing one call response locates for utility clients in NW Alberta
- Candidates should have proficient computer skills, valid driver’s license, and be able to work independently
- Will require to have standard first aid, ground disturbance (in-class), and CSO. All other training will be provided.
- Candidate will be required to be vaccinated and complete a criminal background check to pass client’s security and safety requirements.
- Candidate will be trained to:
- read site plans, area maps and blueprints
- navigate safely to site
- operate highly sensitive locating equipment
- locate and accurately mark buried facilities and communicate relevant information to the excavation personnel
- provide proper documentation and/or sketches electronically
Please email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact those that are successful for an interview.